Jonathan Chacón wrote:
Hello everybody,

OK, thanks for the information...

I'll find info about @selector, setActions in Objetive-C and I'll post this
question in xCode list.

I want to develop some games for blind users in iPhone

thanks and regards
        Jonathan Chacón

El 28/01/2010, a las 22:08, Jens Alfke escribió:

Jonathan, you don't have to use Interface Builder to create the user interface piece at all if you don't want to. You can just create, position and link the objects up yourself in code. That's actually how the original iPhone development was done, before they had IB for iPhone.

Outlets are very simple, all an outlet is is an instance variable which is set to another object, so if in interface builder you connect a button to an outlet in your controller, the code equivalent is just to make the button [ [ UIButton alloc ] init .. ] and then set the controller member variable to that button. Actions are a little more complicated but not very much more so, reading up on the event dispatch for iPhone you'll quickly see how to register a selector for the given action on a control.

I've found recently, as I understand the whole view controller model that iPhone uses, my NIBs (built in interface builder) are little more than a controller object and perhaps one small piece of customization, it could be done in code very simply. IB really comes into its own when developing for OS X where your interfaces can be quite complex, but for iPhone with the limited number of components, mostly using full-screen mode, code can work quite well.