Thanks! You guys are the best! I expect this to work great: I'll try it out this weekend.

I have come to the conclusion that the best way to enable keyboard control is to make each control knob a separate NSView so the user will tab from knob to knob. Does that sound right, and does anyone have any advice before I begin implementing it?

BTW: I started on the control last night and within three hours had the slider bar and knobs drawing themselves in correct positions (even though the knobs are not yet NSViews). Some things about Cocoa really frustrate me, but I'm impressed by how easy it is to create custom controls.