On Feb 1, 2010, at 2:11 PM, Eric Gorr wrote:

> Strange, I just replied to Richard saying that my selector is not performed
> until after the mouse button goes up. I can hold the mouse button down for
> several seconds and not see the selector performed.
>
> Of course, this may actually be due to the fact that my core event loop is
> based around ReceiveNextEvent rather then a pure Cocoa event loop. Perhaps
> that is what is interfering....
>
> Might be headed to DTS for this one...

Well, the documentation does say:

This function tries to fetch the next event of a specified type. If no events
in the event queue match, this function will run the current event loop until
an event that matches arrives, or the timeout expires. Except for timers
firing, your application is blocked waiting for events to arrive when inside
this function.

    Cheers,
        . . . . . . . .    Henry

> On Feb 1, 2010, at 5:05 PM, Gustavo Pizano wrote:
>
>> Eric Hi, What Richar said its what Im actually doing to achieve such a
>> behaviour, using the performSelectorAfterDelay, will be your best shot but
>> what I do is that if the mouse goes up you just call the the NSObject method
>> cancelPreviousPerformRequestsWithTarget. then the selector will not be
>> performed.
>>
>> Hope it helps
>>
>> Gustavo
>>
>> On Feb 1, 2010, at 10:44 PM, Richard Penwell wrote:
>>
>>> An alternative technique would be roughly:
>>>
>>> 1. Detect mouse down, set state down
>>> 2. Call performSelectorAfterDelay 1 second with a test method
>>> 3. If the mouse goes up, set state up
>>> 4. In the test method, test if the state is down...

>>> This email sent to gustavxcodepic...@gmail.com

> This email sent to appledevelo...@trilithon.com

iPhone App Development and Developer Education . . .
        Visit  www.nonatomic-retain.com

Mac OSX Application Development, Plus a Great Deal More . . .
        Visit  www.trilithon.com