If you create your data model in Xcode with its data modeling facility, you can
give it a default value right there, when you select the attribute (no need to
recreate the Player.m and Player.h files). If you need to set different default
values each time, just create the Player instance and set the values after
creation, before you hand it off to whoever needs it.

Hank