Thanks Luke.  I'm stumped about how affine transforms could account for
these effects, particularly bubble, pinch & swirl.  Also, iiuc,
UIImagePickerController doesn't give access to the camera input stream --
just an image when the user actually takes a picture.  There's a new
takePicture method, but I don't think it can be called frequently.

  - Conal