On Feb 6, 2010, at 10:54 AM, Development wrote:

>       I have an app I am working on and several of the touch zones or buttons
> occur within a trapezoid. Because these trapezoids touch one another to
> complete a picture I need for the zones to be precise. What I'm not sure how
> to accomplish is allowing touch within the border of the trapezoid and not
> outside in it's broader rect. Is there way to define a touchable zone that is
> non-rectangular?

You can do the hit-testing yourself by getting the touch coords and seeing
which trapezoid it's in.

The easiest way to do this is to create an NSBezierPath in the shape of the
trapezoid and call -containsPoint: on it; but IIRC, that class doesn't exist on
iPhone. Fortunately the math for hit-testing convex polygons is pretty easy:
check any computer graphics textbook for details.

—Jens