On Feb 13, 2010, at 7:53 AM, Daniel Káčer wrote:

> I have a NSPanel that is opened like Modal panel:
>
> -(void) showModal {
>     [NSApp runModalForWindow: myWindow];
> }
>
> and is closed with event click on button that is allocated on this NSPanel:
>
> -(IBAction)delayWindow:(id)sender {
>    [NSApp abortModal];
>  //[myWindow orderOut: self];
>    [myWindow close];
> }
>
> First calling of runModalForWindow: works fine and NSPanel is in modal status
> but after calling delayWindow and after then second calling of  showModal is
> NSPanel correctly showed but is not in Modal status :(
> What i do wrongly and why is not my NSPanel in Modal status after second,
> third etc. calling of showModal ?

The proper way to end a modal session within the modal event loop is to use
-stopModal or -stopModalWithCode: . Try that and keep the -orderOut call (not
because it is necessary, just that it is a good practice for windows you know
you will re-use without re-loading).

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.