On 16/02/2010, at 8:56 AM, James Maxwell wrote:

> I have an NSMutableDictionary I'm trying to read from, but it's giving me
> valueForUndefinedKey errors. I can NSLog the key successfully, so I'm very
> confused as to what's going on.
>
> NSLog(@"Total number of components in work: %i", [AllComponents count]);
> for(NSString* cKey in AllComponents)
> {
>       NSLog(@"key? %@", cKey);
>       MnSComponent *comp = (MnSComponent*)[AllComponents valueForKey:cKey];
>       [comp buildPitchMatrix];
>       [comp calculateTension];
> }
>
> The NSLog prints the expected key, then the code gags on the next line. ???

Try -objectForKey: instead of -valueForKey: there might be some subtlety of use
KVC versus direct access that's screwing things up here. The key might contain
characters that can be misinterpreted by KVC - containing '@' or '.' characters
for example.

Also, are you certain that buildPitchMatrix and calculateTension are not
mutating the dictionary? If they do the iteration will fail.

--Graham