I am really really irritated. Got an iPhone project. Got quite some
categories with additions to the standard APIs. All good.
Just the darn NSData refuses to accept the category ... and I have no
clue why. It's as simple as

 @interface NSData (NSDataAdditions)
 + (id) dataWithHexString:(NSString*)theHex;
 - (NSString*) hexString;
 @end

I've tried prefixing the methods, I've use a more exotic category name
than just NSDataAdditions. Whatever I am trying ... the class/object
does not have the selectors. Even something simple as

    NSData *data = [NSData data]; //[NSData dataWithHexString:@"aabbccdd"];
    NSLog(@"@%", [data hexString]);

gives me

  -[NSConcreteData hexString]: unrecognized selector sent to instance ...

Why NSConcreteData? Does it create a different object under the hood
so my category is not applicable?
I've used NSData categories before and the worked just fine.

Is there a way in gdb to look at the categories/method lists easily?
Or should they selectors show up through class_copyMethodList?

Could really use some ideas here.

cheers
--
Torsten