Greetings

I've been looking at Collection View Drag and drop,
I've implemented the NSCollectionViewDelegate

and now I can Drop items in and everything works fine.

I've been looking at removing items from the collection view by dragging them
out of the frame.
I'm confused by the proper procedures.

writeItemsAtIndexes happens just before the item is dragged and just after
canDragItemsAtIndexes returns YES.

How would i go about it ?

1: when the item is dragged out of the frame, I want to remove it from the
collection view as to show that I am holding the item out of the collection ( i
got it in my hands and it's in limbo )
2: I could at any point drop the item back on the collection view as to cancel
the deleting of the item
3: I could drag the item to another collection view in the same application as
to move the item around.
3: if the item is released outside of any collection view it is lost (deleted).

if anyone can point me to a good example, that would be great.
Cheers!