So should I understand that NCCollectionView as a Drag Source is Broken enough
for no one in this list to pay it attention?

Has anyone got it working?

I'm Confused.
Drop destination works like a charm for me, just by implementing the
NSCollectionViewDelegate protocol as part of my window controller
the delegate being set for the Collection view in interface builder as the
window controller.

There are also methods for the drag Source but i can't seem to get them working
properly.
I can drag my item from the CollectionView to another CollectionView, the drop
get's accepted
but then, i get an error about URL's, i've never asked for URL's as a mater of
fact my destination accepts only one type.
NSFilenamesPboardType

which is an array of strings containing file path.
that is exactly what i construct to past to the pasteboard as so.
- (BOOL)collectionView:(NSCollectionView *)collectionView
writeItemsAtIndexes:(NSIndexSet *)indexes toPasteboard:(NSPasteboard
*)pasteboard{
        ENTERING();
        [pasteboard clearContents];
        [pasteboard declareTypes:[NSArray
arrayWithObject:NSFilenamesPboardType] owner:nil];
        // we only allow one object to be selected.
        DItem *object = [[itemsArrayController selectedObjects]
objectAtIndex:0];
        [pasteboard writeObjects:[NSArray arrayWithObject:object.path]];
        return YES;
}
[30040:a0f] Looked for URLs on the pasteboard, but found none.

any clue is welcome.
thanks