On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Gordon Apple <g...@ed4u.com> wrote:
> This is getting stranger by the minute.  I ruled out the menu issue as the
> cause, then created a test app from the standard doc template.  Window
> contain a scrolling text view and a button.  The app edits and archives
> correctly (compiled using GC).  "init" sets an initial string in ts.  The
> text view is bound to ts.

You need to post the code that sets up the text system. Unless you
actually meant "bound" in the sense of Cocoa Bindings, in which case
none of this is ever going to work because then the text view will
operate on a copy of the text storage you've provided. The only way to
get the text view to use your text storage is to set it up yourself.

--Kyle Sluder