On 2010-03-01, at 3:20 PM, Chase Meadors wrote:

> 2. On the other hand, if you want the view to be more independent and
> flexible as according to MVC, you have more options. If you're binding
> the model to the view, you can simply use a custom NSValueTransformer
> class to change your model attribute to an array of strings. Or you
> can simply factor the code into the view controller in any way you wish.

In the end, that's what I ended up doing.  I created a Value Transformer and in
my ViewController, registered the 15 different instances of the transfomer and
gave them different names.  This ends up being the best separation of concerns
- neither the view nor the model know about these transformations and I have
one class to consult to change the code.

Thanks to everyone who contributed suggestions.  The process of reading the