The documentation for the filters property of the CALayer class says: "Filter properties should be modified by calling setValue:forKeyPath: on each layer that the filter is attached to." But I don't understand exactly how to write the key path, since the filters property is an array rather than a single CIFilter. I looked through the KVC guide, and though I saw array operators like @count, I couldn't find any way to just ask for item number 0 in an array.
--
  James W. Walker, Innoventive Software LLC
  <http://www.frameforge3d.com/>