On Apr 13, 2010, at 3:55 PM, Jens Alfke wrote:

> On Apr 13, 2010, at 2:49 PM, Keary Suska wrote:
>
>> You are asking the NSNumberFormatters to format a string, which it does not
>> do (hence the class name).
>
> No he isn't. Viz:
>
>   NSInteger theInt = [aNumberString intValue];
>   NSNumber *theNum = [NSNumber numberWithInt:theInt];
>   NSString *theString = (NSString *)[numberFormatter stringFromNumber:theNum];

Sorry, I missed that. Anyway, it may be because the format is being interpreted
using 10.4 behavior, in which case the format may not be valid and may be
ignored. Have you tried single-quoting all non-hash marks (pound signs) to
eliminate their special significance?

You may need to watch out for integer overflow issues as well, if you are
targeting 32bit systems.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.