At 12:02 -0700 21/04/10, cocoa-dev-requ...@lists.apple.com wrote:
>From: Gregory Weston <gwes...@mac.com>
>Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:59:48 -0400
>
>I'm trying to display a localized list of attached displays, and getting
>unexpected results in Carbon and Cocoa when attempting to determine the best
>localization. I did all the obvious-to-me Google searches without finding much
>except a couple of other people over the years having similar issues and no
>real resolution. Sample code and results follow. Hoping someone can point me
>in the right direction.
>
>- (NSString*)bestLocalization:(NSArray*)inChoices
>{
>  NSUserDefaults* theDefaults = [NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults];
>  NSArray* theUserSettings = [theDefaults objectForKey:@"AppleLanguages"];
>  NSLog(@"User Settings: %@", theUserSettings);
>
>  NSLog(@"Choices: %@", inChoices);
>
>  NSArray* theBestOnes = [NSBundle preferredLocalizationsFromArray:inChoices];
>  NSLog(@"Chose: %@", theBestOnes);
>
>  return [theBestOnes objectAtIndex:0];
>}

I can't double-check this right now, but I solved a similar problem this way:

NSArray* inChoices = [[NSBundle mainBundle] localizations];     // probably
that's what you're passing in?
NSArray* theBestOnes = [NSBundle preferredLocalizationsFromArray:inChoices
forPreferences:[NSLocale preferredLanguages]];

HTH,
--
Rainer Brockerhoff  <rai...@brockerhoff.net>
Belo Horizonte, Brazil