On Apr 26, 2010, at 12:24 PM, Bill Appleton wrote:

> but when I draw text, my fonts are wrong and my  font sizes are much too big
>
> i am getting the CGContextRef from the NSWindow in the drawRect handler, and
> then setting the CG font and size, etc. like before

Try checking the text matrix. Cocoa Text will often use the text matrix to
scale rather than setting the font size, so if you do both you get text that is
way too big. Since the text matrix isn't saved/restored with the GState, this
can often propagate from other text drawing you don't control (such as for
other controls).
--
David Duncan
Apple DTS Animation and Printing