On May 3, 2010, at 2:46 PM, Gideon King wrote:

Hi, I've had a query from a user of my software, and he says that when he runs it, his MacBook Pro switches to use the NVidia graphics chip. I haven't done anything in my program to specifically force that (and I'm not sure whether it is possible to in normal Cocoa code). Is there something that I specific I may have in my application that would force it to use that graphics card?

I've read in reviews that the new MBPs will switch graphics chips based on the frameworks apps link against. So your app may be linking (directly or transitively) one of the trigger frameworks. I don't know what's on that list besides, of course. OpenGL.

You can set the environment variable DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES when starting your app, and all the libraries loaded will be spewed to stderr as it launches.