On 05.05.2010, at 13:20, Graham Cox wrote:
> So is using NSPathControl even possible for this, or would I just be better
> off writing a complete new control from scratch? NSPathControl does some neat
> things like fading overlong text within a subcell that I could use, as well
> as displaying an icon and a triangle for the next item. What about
> subclassing the subcell? I guess I'm just looking for some direction here or
> even better, some code out there I can use.

If you decide to go the "roll your own" route, check out my UKFilePathView at
<http://github.com/uliwitness/UliKit/>. It was written before NSPathControl,
and is also for files, but since complete source is available, you shouldn't
have a problem adapting it to your needs.

It does text fading/truncation, icons, triangles and a bunch of other things.
If you make it more generic, feel free to send me a pull request (or e-mail me
your changes, or whatever...) and I'd happily re-integrate them.

-- Uli Kusterer
Sole Janitor
http://www.the-void-software.com