Op 19 mei 2010, om 11:44 heeft René v Amerongen het volgende geschreven:

> Because I didn't see any result, I noticed that this happened only when I use
> /bin/sh -c.
>
> My code was just a short piece in main as test bed, and did trust my NSLog
> output which was ok and visible in the xcode console when NOT using /bin/sh.
> Because yesterday it was an early and long day, I did figure out this morning
> that when using /bin/sh NSLog is redirected to the system console and not
> visible in xcode console anymore.
>
> Now my code is alive and kicking, how can I get NSLog back into the Xcode
> console, because all my later NSLogs are not visible in xcode. How do I reset
> the stnd output? Should I, somewhere, call or send exit?

But this is solved too.
By checking other people's code, there was one which did work.

It did contains the line

[task setStandardInput:[NSPipe pipe]];

 just before the launch.

I did search for this line and found a small discussion at CocoaDev.

Anyway it looks like my NSLog issue is solved, and my basic code did work, I
still want to thank you all for the pointers