Hi.

Consider the situation where I have a "root" ImageView in IB.
I specify the actual image I want it to hold by just filling/
selecting which of the existing images are already present in the
project, using the "Image" input box of the Image View Attributes
inspector.

Then I can just set the titleView outlet of some navigationItem
elsewhere in the same nib file, and voilà, my image is displayed
at runtime exactly where I want I, when I want it.

But now I create a second nib file for a second controller, and
I really would like to display the same image in the same kind
of setup.

Problem is: I haven't figured out whether it is possible at all
for nib file#2 to refer to any object inside nib file#1, hence
I have to either pay the memory cost of a duplicate object in
the second nib file, or forget about nib files entirely and do
the whole wiring by hand with code, which kind of defeats the
purpose of separate nib files in the first place.

So ... is there a way to refer to NIB1.objA from NIB2.objB ?

Bonus question: is it possible at all to refer to nib files
(while staying within IB) outside of the main project directory?
I tried variations on ./rsrc/mynib2 or rsrc/mynib2 in the NIB Name
input field to no avail ...

I plainly understand that I can spread my NIB files all over the
place (almost :-) if I go the coding route, but I'd rather do
everything I can in IB if that's possible ...

Any idea?

Thanks
--