Kevin Boyce wrote:

Sure, it seems like it's just another dispatch from the runloop. Which would be fine if it copied like 100K bytes per invocation, or something like that. It seems instead to run off and copy vast quantities of data before returning. Copying a 4MB MP3 file actually completes before the first time anything else in the runloop gets any service. I was hoping I had just missed how to adjust the time slices it takes.

It may seem crazy, but there is no guarantee that any particular FS*Async function performs its operation asynchronously. The file- system operations could proceed entirely synchronously, and the only "asynchronous" part is that you get a callback at the end.

There is certainly no way to specify time slices, or any other kind of slice or quantum, for the operation. If you want that granularity, you'll have to provide it yourself.

  -- GG