Hello, all ...

I've an app that reads from the network using CFReadStream (it needs to use
CFReadStream so that it can throttle the connection and specify how many bytes
to read each time). What i'm finding is that CFReadStream callbacks aren't
always called when the app is in the background. Specifically, what I _seem_ to
be seeing is this:

1. CFReadStreams created when the app was in the foreground continue (the
CFReadStream callback is called) when the app is put in the background.
2. However, CFReadStreams created _while_ the app was in the background often
(though not always) _don't_ call their callbacks _until_ the app is brought in
the foreground, then all of a sudden the callback happens.

The app in question is set up for background operation and runs in the
background when the user presses the home button -- I can put a breakpoint in
my thread's run loop and see this -- but the CFReadStream callback doesn't
always get called, which makes this app appear to stop until the user brings it
in the foreground again.

Thoughts? If anyone could assist and help me understand why this happens (and
how to fix it), i'd be quite appreciative :-)

Regards,

John