so different vendors whip out "security" for different reasons. on mac, it
is to prevent browser crashes, thus the separate process. on windows, it is
all about preventing system corruption, thus protected mode -- which is
especially funny, because you are limited in where you can WRITE a file but
you can READ just about anything you want. so much for security.

by the way, we DO make very few assumptions about access. we use NSApp for
flushing events & testing for stilldown and running a few select dialogs.
that's about it. we are releasing the DreamFactory Player open source in the
fall, i think that will be an important milestone.

i think browser manufactures should focus on the voluntary aspect of plugin
usage. our customers want to use dreamfactory to access cloud services. make
it easy for them. i don't like the way some plugins can be used to "bomb"
the users machine without notice. like the "dancing mortgage guy" on cnn.
did you want to see him?

best,

bill