Greetings.

I've been at this for a week trying to figure things out and I'm getting
nowhere.
This is my first iPhone application so please be gentle.

ok,
I created the application from the tab bar application template, and checked
core data stack support.
created the model and imported startup data.

Second I added navigation controllers to the Tab bar as seen in an example I've
found on the internet or the apple documentation.
I've connected all the nib files and the application works nicely when built
and run in the simulator.

The time has come to populate the table views and i'm completely confused on
how to go about it.

the layout,

MainWindow.xib:
Tab bar contorller
        Navigation controller
                View controller (loads SearchView)
        (other navigation controllers)...

SearchView.xib:
        TableViewController (custom controller defined)
                TableView
                        SearchBar

now, inside the tableViewController i have a fetchResultController configured,
but this guy needs a managedObjectContext which is in my Application delegate
I've seen examples where the tableview exposes a property to set the local
managedObjectContext but all the way back to the applicationDelegate
is a place where no events happen where i can set the property on that specific
TableViewcontroller.

I'm sorry if i don't explain this correctly, i'm so lost i don't even know
where to look now.
looking at the examples (unless i've missed it) it seems i'm trying to so
something extraordinary.
or so easy there is no need for an example ( then i'm really off track ).

Can someone please give me a pointer on how to get my managedObjectCOntect to
my tableViewControllers?

best regards.
Sandro.