Hi,

I'd like to create a custom view based on Core Animation, namely, a
layer-hosting view. In other words, I'd like to directly manipulate
layers in my code rather than using children NSView's.

The custom view is like a matrix consisting of cells. Each cell is
represented with a separate CALayer.

However, certain cells should contain standard buttons like if they
were "child views" of those cell layers. In other words, when I move
the cell layer, the button needs to move synchronously; when I hide
the cell layer, the button needs to hide as well.

I would like to use the standard NSButton control, to avoid
reinventing the wheel.

But if I just place the button as a first-level child view of the
custom view, it will not be associated with its parent cell layer. I
also cannot access and manipulate NSButton's root layer to add it as a
sublayer to the cell layer, AFAIK.

So what is the best way around?

Thanks!

Oleg.