Hi List,

I am having problems with NSURLCredential and that the username and password
are apparently sent in ISO Latin 1 encoding. At least the guys on the server
development side are complaining this is the case.

I did not find any information on how the credential is encoded or if it is
possible to change it at all.

The password I am having trouble with is the following: nővér.

I tried making sure the NSURL sent to the NSMutableURLRequest was encoded and
escaped properly in UTF-8 and also added charset=utf-8 to the content-type
header of the request as I have run out of options where to look.

I even tried to encode my NSString using UTF-8 into an NSData object and then
creating a new UTF-8 encoded NSString from this data and set the username and
password accordingly, but to no avail.

The strangest thing is if I try to access the password returned when I receive
an authentication challenge ([[challenge proposedCredential] password]) it
returns a properly formatted string.

Any ideas, pointers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,