Greetings,

I want to be able to deselect the keyboard focus of a control after hitting
Return, whereas Tab moves to the nextKeyView.

When using editable NSTextField objects I can achieve this in the action method
with:
    [ window makeFirstResponder:[ window contentView ]];

But when using editable NSTextFieldCell objects in an NSMatrix I found no way
to do that.
The -makeFirstResponder: method seems not to respond.

I tried this:
1. Same as above.

2. Additional a custom content view which returned YES for
    -acceptsFirstResponder and -canBecomeKeyView.

3. Additional modifying the NSMatrix object: "matrix" is the outlet.
    [ matrix setAllowsEmptySelection:YES ];
    NSLog(@"selectedCell: %p", [matrix selectedCell]); // a valid pointer
    [ matrix deselectAllCells ];
    NSLog(@"selectedCell: %p", [matrix selectedCell]); // 0x0, but the focus
ring remains, why ?
    [ matrix display ]; // the focus ring remains
    [ window makeFirstResponder:[ window contentView ]]; // did not work.
    // Also [ window makeFirstResponder:anotherTextField ]; did not work.

The key focus still remains in the textfield cell of the matrix.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jochen Moeller