Fantastic, Thank You, got that bit working, just for reference I've got the following:

@interface ishop_AppDelegate : NSObject
{
    IBOutlet NSWindow *window;
        IBOutlet NSArrayController *Products;

    NSPersistentStoreCoordinator *persistentStoreCoordinator;
    NSManagedObjectModel *managedObjectModel;
    NSManagedObjectContext *managedObjectContext;
}

/** Calculate Product Cost */
- (IBAction)calcCost:(id)sender;
{
        NSObject *Product;
        double *price, *uom, *cost;
        Product = [[Products selectedObjects] objectAtIndex:0];
        price = [Product valueForKey:@"UOMcost"];
        uom = [Product valueForKey:@"purchaseUOM"];
        cost = uom/price;
        [Product setValue:cost forKey:@"cost"];

}

although the actual calculation won't work, not sure why, example values are price=8.8, uom=25, getting an error:invalid operands to binary?

Thank you though, this will help me so much with this project,