Hello,

I creted an IB Palette for control with CALayer I animate.
This layer is a sublayer of the [control layer].
Control works normally in the IB, the IB Simulator and also in my test
application.
When I use this control as a NSToolbarItem item of NSToolbar, drawLayer: in my
delegate is never called when the NSToolBar is in customize state in the IB
Simulator or in my test application.
If I open customize window of NSToolbar in the IB (while in desgin mode),
drawLayer: is called and draws what I need.
If I drag the item from the NSToolBar's customize window to app window (in IB
Simulator or test app), drawLayer: is called and everything works.

I also noticed that when I use any of Apple NSControls in NSToolbar and set
them to WantsLayer:YES in IB Inspector, add some shadow, just to see if CALayer
effect works, control's layer also doesn't work in NSToolBar in customize state
- so no shadow while customize window of NSToolbar is open.
I think it is somehow related to NSMatrix (I suppose NSToolbarItems are
arranged in NSMatrix ...)

Any idea how to fix it ?

Thank you.

Peter