I am a new to Cocoa and planning to build an app like mind map.

This is my guess on how to build mind map like app on Cocoa. Please check
and let me know if you know any more efficient approach or some missing
pieces I should consider.

----

First of all, I need consider data model. I think I have to select Document
based app and design data format that has information on nodes, locations,
links between nodes in XML.

For view, I will need to build a custom view to draw map. Each node in the
map should be an object that has information on the location, title of the
map, links to other nodes and some attributes of the node like color, font
size, etc.

For detecting user's selection of any node, I need to check some events like
mouse click, mouse down, drag & drop and need to redraw the map up to those
events.

----

How do you think? Am I taking the concept right? Or I am heading to wrong
direction?
Any advice will be highly appreciated.