On Jul 23, 2010, at 5:47 AM, Pierre de La Morinerie wrote:

> I'm trying to scroll horizontally through a set of pages, where pages are
> grouped by two (and can be zoomed both together). So far, my view hierarchy
> is:
>
>       • One outter UIScrollView that scrolls horizontally.
>       • Several inner UIScrollView that contains two pages each, scrolling
> horizontally too.

> It seems that as long as the outter SV is moving (or decelerating, anyway),
> the inners SV won't have a chance to get the swipe events.

I’d think this is the reasonable behavior.. You want to be able to zoom before
the containing scroll view finishes scrolling?

> Additional questions: How does the magic of nested UIScrollView actually
> works ? And would overriding 'hitTest:' on one of the ScrollViews be a good
> idea ?

One thing to remember.

The behavior of scroll views that are within scroll views and that scroll in
the same direction (which is your situation) has a behavior that is subject to
change in the future. So fiddling with it could lead to breakage in the future.

Can you add an image of what you expect to achieve to your zip?