I am trying to pass along a custom UIButton's tag down to another class I am
writing.

In my custom view which contains the custom UIButton, I have this code *(A):
*

-(void) buttonClicked:(id)sender
{
     [[NSNotificationCenter defaultCenter]
postNotificationName:@"ButtonClicked"
object:sender];

In a class which manages these custom views, I have this code *(B):*

- (id)initWithFrame:(CGRect)frame {
    if ((self = [super initWithFrame:frame])) {
        mydata = [[NSArray alloc] init];
        menuItems = [[NSMutableArray alloc] initWithCapacity:40];
        [[NSNotificationCenter defaultCenter] addObserver:self
selector:@selector(buttonClicked)  name:@"ButtonClicked" object:nil];
    }
    return self;
}

-(void) buttonClicked {
    //This works, but I need to know the tag
    NSLog(@"clicked");
}

Now, obviously in that I have object set to nil. How can I set this up? I
could change object to nil and use userInfo:someNSDictionary in the
customview which contains the UIButton... but I run into the same problem
in *(B). * I really haven't seen much in Google in regards to userInfo and
looking for some help on it. I understand some of how it works, not sure how
to set that *addObserver* part up properly.

Sorry for the noob question.