On Aug 8, 2010, at 21:08, Rounak Jain wrote:

> I have an array called "Products". It has some product names which are saved
> in a plist file. More Products are added to it through the combo box (named
> Product) and they too get saved in the plist file automatically.
>
> Now I want to create a second Combo Box (named Brand) and a third Combo Box
> (named Size).
>
> The idea is this:
>
> Depending on the Product selected in the Product Combo Box, the Brand Combo
> Box must display a list of Brands for the user to select for that Product.
> Each Product will have many different brands. This means each Product will
> have its own array of Brands. Also, when a user types in a new Brand instead
> of using the existing ones, the new Brand should also be added in the array
> of Brands for that particular Product.
>
> Finally, each Brand will have its own array of Sizes just like each Product
> had its own array of Brands.
>
> Please guide me on how I should do this.

You probably shouldn't even try.

Despite superficial appearances, NSComboBox is a kind of text field, *not* a
kind of menu. If the intent is to choose an object from a list of objects,
NSComboBox is definitely not the way to go about it. Only use NSComboBox where
you want text entry, but also want to accelerate the text entry by providing
several pre-determined strings. Otherwise, use a menu or a NSPopUpButton
instead.