On Aug 19, 2010, at 2:33 PM, Quincey Morris wrote:

>> How big do I make the imageview? Currently, it's the same size as the
>> clipview.
>
> It doesn't matter what you do in IB, because you're going to have to do
> something else programmatically later. You basically have 2 modes: zoom to
> fit, and zoom to scale factor, and there's a difference image view size
> calculation for each so it must be done manually. Consequently, you probably
> want to prevent (in IB) the image view from autoresizing.

ah, so, the way to zoom is to leave the NSImageView on
NSImageScaleProportionallyUpOrDown, and then change the size of the frame! That
gives me scrollbars!

I think I now need to add some translation when I zoom so that my image doesn't
migrate off the upper right of the screen... Is that the standard way of doing
that?

Brian Postow
Senior Software Engineer
Acordex Imaging Systems