Thanks everyone, I've been looking at everything and still can't quite get my head round it, basically all I want to do is copy a selected file to a new location.

I'm using a coredata app, so I was trying to follow the 'default' code provided, but I'm compiling for 10.5 and it seems there's a bit of flux between string based paths and urls.

Is there sample code / tutorial somewhere I'm missing?

This is what I've got at the moment, but it's still mixing URLs and strings, I've tried just using strings, but the applicationSupportFolder returns a string, which then is immutable so I can't add to it?

- (IBAction)selectImageFile:(id)sender;
{
                // Create the File Open Dialog class.
        NSOpenPanel* openDlg = [NSOpenPanel openPanel];

        // Enable the selection of files in the dialog.
        [openDlg setCanChooseFiles:YES];

        // process the files.
        if ( [openDlg runModalForDirectory:nil file:nil] == NSOKButton )
        {
                // Get an array containing the full filenames of all
                // files and directories selected.
                NSArray* files = [openDlg filenames];

                // process file
                NSObject *Product;
                Product = [[Products selectedObjects] objectAtIndex:0];
                NSString* filePath = [files objectAtIndex:0];

                NSString* fileName= [filePath lastPathComponent];
NSURL* imagePath = [NSURL fileURLWithPath: [[self applicationSupportFolder] stringByAppendingPathComponent: @"images"]]; -->>Here are 2 warnings that NSURL may not respond to stringByAppendingPathComponent
                [imagePath stringByAppendingPathComponent:fileName];
                NSLog(@"Old Path is %@  New Path is %@", filePath, imagePath);
[[ NSFileManager defaultManager ] copyItemAtPath:filePath toPath:imagePath error:nil];

                //[Product setValue:imagePath forKey:@"productImage"];

        }

Many Thanks

Amy