NSFileManager copyItemAtPath:toPath: takes two NSString's so you can't use an
NSURL anyway. In fact nothing in that code needs an NSURL.

Get rid of that NSURL stuff (note: typed in mail)

NSString *imagePath = [ [ [ self applicationSupportFolder ]
stringByAppendingPathComponent:@"images" ]
stringByAppendingPathComponent:fileName ];

then just use the imagePath.