I'm researching the drag and drop facilities in NSTableView.

Since there's no "commit drag" method in the data source protocol, is it
possible to do a move operation between two tables with different data
 sources?  If so, when and how is the row removed from the drag data source?

All examples I've seen the data sources all only impl move when the drag
originates from the same table.

Or is it as simple as the data source has to lower the drag operation
to copy if the drag source is not the same as the drop destination?

Cheers
Johan