On Sep 10, 2010, at 12:57 PM, Philip Vallone wrote:
> If I create a view and add it to my superview, am I no longer the owner and
> do not have to release it?

That's not how cocoa memory management works. Nothing can ever take ownership
from you; if you own something, you have to release it. If you add the view to
another view, the parent view also takes ownership, which means that there are
now two owners. But since you still own that view, you have to release it.

--
Dave Carrigan
d...@rudedog.org