On Sep 12, 2010, at 6:32 PM, Jeffrey Oleander wrote:
> Normally, I'd file an on-line criticism of the docs, but I can't get there,
> and this is the closest means I have to doing so.

This list isn't an official channel for bug reports, so filing a Radar might
actually be closer:

<http://bugreport.apple.com>

> I was trying to look up something about NSAttributedStrings
> and found that the usual link led me to a page that no longer
> has a search box, links to docs, etc.
>
> My BookMark has the URL:
> http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/navigation/index.html

This link works for me.  I get a page titled "Mac OS X Reference Library", with
a search box and other stuff I expect.  Maybe you ran into a temporary glitch
on Apple's servers?

> but it took me here, so apparently there's a redirect:
> http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#navigation/index.html

It works the other way for me: the "#navigation" link redirects to the
"navigation" link.

> and by successive trimming (first of "index.html" and then of everything from
> the pound sign right) to try to get to something that works I tried this:
> http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/
>
> When I trim off more, removing the "mac/" it takes me to
> http://developer.apple.com/resources/
> Trying links from there, merely takes me back to the same garbage.

The resources link works for me.

What browser are you using?  Do you have any plugins or extensions installed
that might be mucking with URLs or CSS?  What if you try a different browser?
What if you try clearing your cache?

--Andy