On 15 Sep, 2010, at 02:11, jonat...@mugginsoft.com wrote:

> On 15 Sep 2010, at 06:09, Shane Stanley wrote:
>
>> On 15/9/10 12:29 PM, "Keary Suska" <cocoa-...@esoteritech.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Checkboxes aren't edit controls, they are buttons, and to my knowledge don't
>>> even have an "editable" property (even though the table column has such a
>>> binding). To prevent changing a button state (without significant
>>> subclassing)
>>> you must disable it.
>>
>> Thanks. I guess it boils down to the fact that a checkbox is a bad choice
>> for just showing a binary state in a table.
> Checkbox sounds fine to me for this purpose.

If he means that the checkbox would never be toggleable under any
circumstances, and that it's purely to *indicate* state and not *control*
state, that's the wrong use for a checkbox button. A custom indicator that
doesn't look like it could be enabled and toggled under
some_unknown_circumstance would be a better idea.

--
michael