On 15/9/10 7:11 PM, "jonat...@mugginsoft.com" <jonat...@mugginsoft.com>
wrote:

>> Thanks. I guess it boils down to the fact that a checkbox is a bad choice
>> for just showing a binary state in a table.
> Checkbox sounds fine to me for this purpose.
>
> What about the NSTableColumn enabled binding?

Yes, that works. It just looks a little odd grayed-out alongside columns of
normal (uneditable) text.

> If failure persists then try the NSTableView delegate method
>
> - (void)tableView:(NSTableView *)aTableView
> willDisplayCell:(id)aCellforTableColumn:(NSTableColumn *)aTableColumn
> row:(NSInteger)rowIndex
>
> Here can modify the cell as you wish to disable it for the required column.
>
> There is a lot that cannot be achieved with bindings and NSTableView.
> In these situations the delegate methods are the place to turn.

Thanks, I presumed I could do it with a delegate, but that wasn't an option
in this case. I guess I was just taken by surprise that there's no simple
way.

--
Shane Stanley <sstan...@myriad-com.com.au>