Besides bindings and KVO issues, anything else to look at? I am not using bindings nor is this KVO.

-koko

On Sep 22, 2010, at 12:12 PM, Quincey Morris wrote:

On Sep 22, 2010, at 10:28, k...@highrolls.net wrote:

I have an NSTableView in an NSSplitView.

I call -reloadData and -setNeedsDisplay:YES

The table does not redisplay with the new data until the split view is resized. From that point forward it behaves properly with subsequent -reloadData and -setNeedsDisplay:YES calls.

Is there something basic I am missing here?

No, probably not. It's likely just a bug in your code.

The usual cause of this kind of weirdness is that the table is bound to (or otherwise KVO-dependent on) a property that's not properly KVO compliant, and the binding was established before the property was set to its proper value (in a complex sequence of NIB-loading steps). Often, an unrelated action (such as resizing the split view) happens to cause the property to be re-set later, which "fixes" the problem.

Sometimes it's quite hard to see the lack of KVO compliance in your code, or even to know where to look for it. I'd recommend against thinking in terms of a flaw in 'reloadData' or 'setNeedsDisplay:'.

This email sent to k...@highrolls.net