On Sep 29, 2010, at 2:54 AM, Lukas Tenbrink wrote:

> I've got a question about background tasking, and I couldn't really answer
> myself it by searching in the documentation (or even in the internet).
> I want to make a background task with an application. Firstly, I used the
> code they gave as a sample, which looks like this:

> It actually shows my local notification, but I want the application to check
> for some conditions (like "Is the Device charging?" or "In what way does the
> user hold the device?"), and if certain conditions are complied with, I want
> to show the local notification. So I only want that the Device sends me a
> message from time to time (like every 10 seconds), then I execute a little
> bit of code, and maybe show this notification.
>
> Does somebody know if this is possible? Thanks in before,

Long running (and especially perpetual) background tasks are not permitted. If
your app isn't rejected by Apple outright, your app will be force terminated by
the OS anyway after the max time is reached. You can read more about this in
the IOS Human Interface Guidelines.

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.