G S wrote:

Well, this has proven to be a stumper.  In case the XIB was corrupted,
I deleted the whole thing and started over.  Same result.  It's a
deal-breaker, since this is the main interface of my app.  Total
standstill.

I don't recall seeing any of your code that calls reloadData. Consider posting that.

The first step for someone else to find the problem is for someone else to duplicate the problem. So do something that makes that possible. For example, make a complete compilable example that consistently demonstrates the problem, upload it to a public drop-box or pastebin website, and post the URL to the list.

  -- GG