On 19/10/2010, at 5:02 PM, Chris Share wrote:

> I'm developing an app in which the user is able to navigate to a folder and
> select files. A list of the selected files for each folder is displayed in a
> table. This process is repeated by the user. Each time the user navigates to
> new folder and selects a new group of files the process starts from the
> beginning (i.e. the list of files shown in the table does not increase
> cumulatively, it resets each time, only showing the files in the current
> folder).

Have you looked to see whether NSOpenPanel or NSBrowser would be appropriate?
Developing your own interface for what appears to be a common task looks
unnecessary on the face of it. Users will prefer the familiar standard
interfaces where possible, and even if you have some special usage in mind,
they can be customised to a worthwhile extent before a "roll your own" approach
becomes the best course of action.

--Graham