On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 14:15:27 -0700, Stephen Zyszkiewicz <st...@cocoaheads.org>
said:
>What about using Interface Builder to do this? It seems I can drag in the
>navigation bar to any place in a view. I'm not sure if I can hook the
>navigation controller to this though.
>
>If I use the UINavigationController in IB, it puts it at the top of the view
>only.
>
>>From the UINavigationController Class Reference:
>@property(nonatomic, readonly) UINavigationBar *navigationBar
>Discussion
>It is permissible to modify the barStyle or translucent properties of the
>navigation bar but you must never change its frame, bounds, or alpha values
>directly. To show or hide the navigation bar, you should always do so through
>the navigation controller by changing its navigationBarHidden property or
>calling the setNavigationBarHidden:animated: method.

Distinguish between a UINavigationBar and a UINavigationController. If you use
a navigation controller, the navigation bar belongs to it and goes where it
puts it (and you mustn't send commands to the navigation bar directly or
subvert its delegation). But if you *don't* use a navigation controller, you
can put a navigation bar in an interface anywhere you want and use it however
you like. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.apeth.net/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!