Thanks everyone for all the replies. I've read through the docs again (its been years since I first set this up) and think I have a better understanding of how timers should work. I see now that the timer will fire once the computer is awakened from sleep, but it does take some time, maybe twenty minutes or so from what I've seen so far. I've also noticed that the timer does not fire during sleep though. Should it? From the replies and the docs, it seems that it should, but I see no evidence of it either in the console or the data.