vincent habchi (vi...@macports.org) on 2010-11-20 03:51 said:

>> http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#samplecode/AnimatedTableView/
>Introduction/Intro.html
>>
>> It will answer a lot of questions.
>
>I've done that. It is a nice example, but I think it is meant to people
>that have already tinkered a bit with cells and table views. I mean, if
>you would define three levels of experience, level one would be basic
>understanding – that's what you find in Hillegass' book, e.g. –, two
>would be intermediate and three advanced, your code is targeted at the
>third level, while I was somehow seeking something in between.

Do I remember correctly that you're trying to make a cell version of
NSColorWell, so that you can use it in a table?

I tried that a few months ago, and got something basically working (with
Corbin's help), but never did get it working very generally.  I haven't
got back to it, but there were issues with resorting the table, removing/
reordering columns, etc.

>For example, I can't figure out the way copyWithZone: in ATColorCell.m
>works. But I picked up the idea of -hitTestForEvent.

Supporting NSCopying in NSCells is annoying because NSCell uses
NSCopyObject.  You can read more here:

<http://mikeash.com/pyblog/friday-qa-2010-08-27-defensive-programming-in-
cocoa.html>

Sean