Could you mock/stub the framework? Supply stub objects/functions that would
cause failing assertions if they are ever called to do "real" work and simply
do nothing in cases where they are harmless. That way you can silence the
warnings and also test your assumption that the outlet really does live by
itself and won't be noticed if removed.

Aaron